I got myself a little book there recently called Stolen Sharpie Revolution. I was excited about ESC’s gallery opening, and decided to reward myself for Good Work.
So, apparently it’s International Zine Month.
I make writing and visual art zines with two other people (they’re both artists) under the name of ESC, here in Dublin.
We go to events and stuff – this year so far there’s been Independents Day, Strange Cargo’s Zine Library, the PhotoIreland Festival Book & Magazine Fair, we had a gallery opening and a show that ran for 2 weeks, and there was a filmed hitchhiking trip. Next month we have the Dublin Zine Fair to look forward to.
I make my own zines as well, mostly as presents for people, but I have some that are autobiographical or rants about certain subjects, that are just by me. I’m planning a few on aspects of musical theory or pieces of flash fiction.
If you ever want to swap zines, just send me an email or tweet me, and we have have a chat about it.
What zines am I reading at the moment? Two from Dublin called Loudmouth and Pro-Zine, perhaps both made by RAG, and a lovely one that I’m kind of obsessed with by Julia Staite that’s a Little Red Riding Hood book/zine. I carry it with me all the time.
Here’s all the events and ‘things to do each day’ throughout the entire month of July for International Zine Month. I got this over at the Stolen Sharpie Revolution website.
- [Tabletop Diversions] July is International Zine Month (tabletopdiversions.blogspot.com)
- Zine Crush (magicalmugz.wordpress.com)
- Here’s the part where I freak out (liveagainsttheflow.wordpress.com)
- The Big News! (liveagainsttheflow.wordpress.com)
- Hollalujah for: POC Zine Project (hollalujah.wordpress.com)
- NOYFB Zine #2 (blulabeluk.wordpress.com)
- Received Two More Excellent Submissions for the “Unofficial OSR” Zine Today (tenkarstavern.com)